** Use at Your Own Risk **
See the Retired Peak Guides in the Archives for Microsoft Word and other versions of this peak guide.
Location: Kern County, about 10 miles west-northwest of Frazier Park, 81 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Kern County|
|Forest Service||Los Padres National Forest: Mt Pinos, Ojai and Santa Barbara Ranger Districts|
|USGS Topos||Cuddy Valley 7½, Pleito Hills 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Eagle Rest Peak
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 5 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 1600' total, 900' out plus 700' on return
- Time: 2 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: John Backus, May 1980
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive north on I-5 to the Frazier Park turnoff. Turn left
- Drive 7.2 miles to Lake of the Woods where the Lockwood Valley Road
forks left. The Cuddy Valley Road goes straight. Keep straight on Cuddy Valley
- Go 4.2 miles to a dirt road on the right (north) where there is a
sign "Tecuya Mtn Rd". Turn right, note your odometer, and go as
- At 1.0 mile, fork. Go left.
- At 1.4 miles, fork. Go left.
- At 1.9 miles, fork. Go left on road with a sign reading
- At 4.6 miles a large open area. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6660'), hike down a jeep road that starts at the
parking area, following it down into a saddle, and then around the southwest
side of elevation 6670' to another saddle at 6000'. The jeep road (in very poor
condition) makes six switchbacks up the face of Antimony.
- At the high point of
the road, go to the right cross-country up the ridge about 1/4 mile to the
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.