Location: San Diego County, California
Named by the USGS (1939), for the two Cahuilla Indian villages that once existed on opposite sides of this mountain. Ranger Paul Reimecka states that the Desert moiety of the Cahuilla existed on the east facing side, whereas, the Pass moiety once existed in Rock House Canyon and it was their village that gave the canyon its name. Both groups were later moved from here, and their descendants still live near the peak in the Los Coyotes and Santa Rosa Indian Reservations.
Name first appears on the USGS Rabbit Peak quad (1959).
Peak was added to the HPS Peak List in 1966.