Location: San Bernardino County, California
Named after the nearby Heartbar Ranch (located in the upper canyon of the Santa Ana River) belonging to Charlie Martin and Willie Button from 1884 to 1907. After this ownership was in continual flux to 1920. Then the large cattle operation thrived again. Under Al Swarthout and Dale Blair, a series of ever larger ranch houses were built, culminating in their famous lodge which often entertained over a hundred guests each weekend. Development began to encroach on what had been open rangeland after WWII and the ranch became a State Park in 1965. The old center of the ranch is now Heartbar Campground 1.5 miles west of this summit known as "Páwarakam", the "summit where the birds slept!" to the Aturaviatum Serrano Indians.
Name first appears on USGS Moodridge topo (1970).
Peak was added to the HPS Peak List in 1976.