Location: San Bernardino County, California
Named for Francis D. Keller. Gudde believes he was a native of Illinois, who settled, farmed and logged the area in 1854.
A Serrano Indian name for this peak may have been "Kavíktaviat", meaning so "very deep or steep" that it could not be climbed.
Despite a fire lookout tower built by the CCC which was the second in this forest (1927), this summit has been repeatedly burned-most recently in the devastating Bear Creek Fire (1970). This is the only remaining K,X-B design tower left in California.
There is also a Keller Creek.
Name first appears on USGS Redlands topo (1901).
Peak was on the original 1946 HPS Peak List.
Weldon Heald climbed this peak in 1937.