Location: Ventura County, California
Named for a McDonald (whose first name is unknown) from Fillmore, a gold prospector who came early to the area, and built a log cabin with a slate roof at the headwaters of Alder Creek (ca. 1885). He later dug a mining tunnel at McDonald Springs, which is about a quarter mile to the West of McDonald Camp. The stone building usually identified as his cabin was only his horse barn. His cabin (still standing) is a short way to the Southwest of the campground.
Name first appears on USGS Tejon map (1903).
Peak was added to the HPS Peak List in 1958.