Location: Ventura County, California
Named after the Frazier Family, mountain men and miners in this area from ca 1852. While tracking down a wounded deer, William T. Frazier found rock rich in gold ore on the south slope and began mining operations on the spot. According to U.S. Mint records, the mine produced $1,000,000 worth of ore (1871-79). The nearby town was named after this mountain in 1926 by Harry McBain.
The summit has one of the few remaining active lookout towers in Southern California, but it is due to be abandoned in 1991.
Name officially accepted by USBGN (1891).
Peak was on the original 1946 HPS Peak List.
Weldon Heald climbed this peak in 1938.