Location: Kern County, California
Name derived from Cummings Valley which was discovered by Father Garcé on his return trip from finding the San Joaquin Valley (1776). Named for George Cummings, an early area pioneer from Austria who became identified with this area after he purchased ranches homesteaded by Thomas Goodwin (ca. 1858) and Josiah Hart (ca. 1872).
Lookout: Calif. Dept. of Parks and Recreation C3 14' by 14' wood cab, with an enclosed 30' timber tower (1940), abandoned (n.d.).
Named first: Cummings Valley (Wheeler Survey, 1878), there is also a Cummings Creek.
Delisted from HPS Peak List when free access was restricted by Tejon Ranch (1974).
Name first appears on USGS Caliente quad (1913).
Peak was on the original 1946 HPS Peak List.