USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Riverside County, about 2 miles east of Idyllwild, 112 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Riverside County, San Jacinto Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||San Jacinto Peak 7½, Idyllwild 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 920K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Tahquitz Peak (LO), Suicide Rock
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 3 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 1600'
- Time: 3-4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 3, moderate
Original: Paul A. Lipsohn, July 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive I-10 to Banning. Exit at 8th Street (SR 243). Note your
odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.2 mile, turn left.
- At 0.7 mile, turn right on San Gorgonio Avenue.
- At 1.4 miles, keep left on SR 243.
- At 25.0 miles, Idyllwild Ranger Station (San Bernardino National
Forest) on the left. Turn left on Pine Crest Avenue. Note your odometer
and go as follows:
- At 0.6 mile, intersection. Make a half right on South Circle Drive.
- At 0.7 mile, Fern Valley Drive on the left with a sign "Humber
Park". Turn left.
- At 1.2 miles, fork. Keep left.
- At 2.2 miles, trailhead on the left. This is the climber's trail for
Suicide Rock. Keep straight.
- At 2.6 miles, Humber Park. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- At the southwest end of Humber Park, a trail starts near a green water
tank. Follow it about 3/4 mile to where it crosses a gully.
- Go east up
this steep gully to the saddle just southeast of Lily Rock.
- From here go
northwest up easy class 3 rock to the summit.