USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Riverside County, about 10 miles southwest of Twentynine Palms, 145 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Riverside County|
|Park Service||Joshua Tree National Park|
|USGS Topos||Keys View 7½, Indian Cove 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.1 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(National Park Service Entrance Fee)
- Distance: 3 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1100'
- Time: 1 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past Banning to the intersection with SR 62.
- Go north on SR 62 to the Park Road in the town of Joshua Tree with
a sign "Joshua Tree National Park". Turn right.
- Drive 16 miles on this road to the intersection with the Keys View
Road. Keep left.
- Continue 2.0 miles farther to a large parking lot on the right. Park
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (4391'), hike south on the trail that starts at a
sign "Ryan Mtn." about 300 yards to a junction.
- Turn right and
hike up the Ryan Mountain Trail to the summit.