USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 8.5 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 81 miles from Los Angeles
Nearby Peaks: Birch Mountain, Cedar Mountain, Wilshire Peak, Little San Gorgonio Peak
Yucaipa Ridge Traverse (5 peaks) from east to west
From Little San Gorgonio Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 0.8 mile one way on road and cross-country
- Gain: 140'
- Time: 1 hour one way
- Rating: Class 1, very strenuous when combined with other peaks in
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- See the driving instructions for Little San
Gorgonio Peak. This route assumes that you are hiking each peak
along this section of Yucaipa Ridge (5 peaks).
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From Little San Gorgonio Peak, hike west along
the ridge to a radio tower shown on the USGS topo map.
- Continue west on a dirt
road down into a saddle.
- Continue west on the road until the road makes a
sharp turn to the left.
- Leave the road to the right and hike north up to
the peak. This is a wide wooded area. The peak is not named on the topo
but is shown as 8832'.