USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 5 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 76 miles from Los Angeles
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 9 miles round trip on trail and road
- Gain: 1500'
- Time: 4-5 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 2, moderately strenuous
- Navigation: Easy
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR 38).
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Go about 8 miles to the Mill Creek Ranger Station.
- Continue on SR 38
another 6.2 miles to Valley of the Falls Road junction (Forest Falls
Road). Turn right.
- Go 1.2 miles to where the road crosses the creek. Parking is available just to
the left of this junction.
- Drive or walk about 0.1 mile south on Canyon Drive to the intersection with
Prospect Drive. Turn left.
- Continue on Prospect Drive to where the road curves to the west. The trail starts just past a brown cabin at 39393 Prospect Dr.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the start of the trail, follow it as it crosses a creek and continues on the other side.
- Continue on the trail 2.6 miles to FS 1S08, the road from Bear Paw Sanctuary.
- Continue on the road 1 mile to the junction with the Allen-Birch saddle (FS 1S09).
- Turn right (west) and hike along FS 1S09 about ¼ mile to where the north trending ridge of Allen Peak crosses the road.
- Turn left (south) and hike up the north ridge of Allen Peak to the summit.
Note: In some areas, beware of loose rocks. Helmets might be advisable.