USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 5 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 76 miles from Los Angeles
ROUTE 2 - Wildlife Preserve Road
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 7.5 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 1300'
- Time: 3-4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 2, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR 38).
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Go about 8 miles to the Mill Creek Ranger Station.
- Continue on SR 38
another 6.2 miles to Valley of the Falls Road junction (Forest Falls
Road). Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (4460'), cross Mill Creek to the south on 1S08. Hike up
1S08 through privately owned land 2.6 miles to 1S09 (Yucaipa Ridge
Truck Trail) at the Allen-Birch saddle.
- Turn right (west) and hike along
1S09 about 1/4 mile to where the north trending ridge of Allen Peak
crosses the road.
- Turn left (south) and hike up the north ridge of Allen
Peak to the summit.