USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 15 miles north-northeast of Banning, 103 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Moonridge 7½, San Gorgonio Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Lake Peak, Ten Thousand Foot Ridge
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 13 1/2 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 3550'
- Time: 6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Continue east on SR 38 about 26 miles to Jenks Lake Road on the
right. Turn right (south).
- Continue to the signed South Fork Trailhead parking lot on the left.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6850'), hike the South Fork Trail (1E04) past the
old Poopout Hill trailhead to South Fork at Slushy Meadows where the Dry
Lake Trail forks left (8200').
- Turn left (southeast) and follow this
trail 1 1/2 miles
to Dry Lake where there is another trail fork.
- Turn left and go 1/2
mile to Lodgepole Spring.
- Continue 3/4 mile east cross-country up to
Fish Creek Saddle at 9805'.
- Continue as in Route 1.