USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 14 miles north-northeast of Banning, 103 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||San Gorgonio Mountain 7½, Moonridge 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Grinnell Mountain, Ten Thousand Foot Ridge
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 10 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 2180'
- Time: 5-6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Continue east on SR 38 about 33 miles to 1N02, the road to Heart
Bar Campground, on the right. Turn right. Note your odometer and go as
- At 1.2 miles, fork. Go right on 1N05.
- At 2.8 miles, Aspen Grove Trail 2E05 goes west.
- At 6.9 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 7.2 miles, fork. The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) crosses the road here. Go right.
- At 7.6 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 7.7 miles, Fish Creek Trailhead (1W07). Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (8040'), hike 1W07 southwest about 1/2 mile to
a junction with the Aspen Grove Trail.
- Keep left on 1W07 and continue 4
miles to Fish Creek Saddle at 9805'.
- Hike south up to the top of the ridge
- Turn right and go southwest along the ridge to the rocky summit.