USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 11 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 89 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Forest Falls 7½, Big Bear Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.6 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: San Bernardino Peak, San Bernardino East Peak, Shields Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 16 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 5170'
- Time: 8-9 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, very strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 4
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Go 8.0 miles to the Mill Creek Ranger Station.
- Continue east on SR 38 about 5 miles to the Valley of the Falls
Road on the right. Turn right.
- Drive 2.9 miles to a parking area on the left. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 4
- From the parking area (5520'), hike up the Momyer Creek Trail (1E06) to
its junction with the San Bernardino Peak Trail (1W07) in a saddle.
right and follow the trail east about 1/4 mile to a fork.
- Leave the
trail here and hike east up the slope to the summit.