USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 11 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 89 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Forest Falls 7½, Big Bear Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.6 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: San Bernardino Peak, San Bernardino East Peak, Shields Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 13 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 4220'
- Time: 7-8 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Continue east on SR 38 about 26 miles to Jenks Lake Road on the
right. Turn right (south).
- Drive 0.3 mile to a fork at a sign "Forsee Creek Trail".
Turn right (southwest).
- Keep left at an immediate fork. Drive 0.5 mile farther to a parking
lot at a sign "Forsee Creek Trail". Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6720'), hike up the Forsee Creek Trail (1E06).
about 1/4 mile you will pass a Wilderness Area sign. About 200 yards
farther the trail forks. Go left (signed "Jackstraw Springs").
- Proceed 5 1/2 miles to Trail Fork Springs at 10,400'.
- Leave the trail
here and hike south up the slope crossing the San Bernardino Peak Trail
and on up to the summit.