USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 10 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 89 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Forest Falls 7½, Big Bear Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.6 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: San Bernardino Peak, Anderson Peak, Shields Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 13 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 3990'
- Time: 7-8 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Continue east on SR 38 about 26 miles to Jenks Lake Road on the
right. Turn right (south).
- Drive 0.3 mile to a fork at a sign "Forsee Creek Trail".
Turn right (southwest).
- Keep left at an immediate fork. Drive 0.5 mile farther to a parking
lot at a sign "Forsee Creek Trail". Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6720'), hike up the Forsee Creek Trail (1E06).
about 1/4 mile you will pass a Wilderness Area sign. About 200 yards
farther the trail forks. Go left (signed "Jackstraw Springs").
- Proceed 5 1/2; miles to Trail Fork Springs at 10,400'.
- Turn right and go
1/2 mile to a junction with 1W07, the San Bernardino Peak Divide
- Hike west 1/4 mile to a fork with the Momyer Creek Trail (1E06)
descending to the south.
- Continue west on 1W07 another 1/2 mile, where
the trail starts down just past a large rock outcropping on the south.
This is the turnoff for San Bernardino Peak.
the trail on the left and hike up to the rock outcropping. This is the
summit of San Bernardino East Peak.