USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 9 miles northeast of Yucaipa, 89 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Forest Falls 7½, Big Bear Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.6 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: San Bernardino East Peak, Anderson Peak, Shields Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 18 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 4900'
- Time: 8 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1973
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east past San Bernardino to the Orange Street exit (SR
- Go one block east, then go north (left) 0.5 mile to Lugonia Avenue.
Turn right on SR 38 (east).
- Continue east on SR 38 about 20 miles to Angelus Oaks.
- Here, turn right (east) at the entrance road to the fire station
(signed). Turn left immediately and go 0.1 mile to a fork signed "Trail".
Turn right, then immediately half right again.
- Continue 0.3 mile to the trailhead. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5950'), hike up 1W07, past the Washington
Monument, to the summit.