USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 2 miles southeast of Running Springs, 82 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Keller Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 825K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Keller Peak (LO), Slide Peak
ROUTE 2 - Running Springs School Road
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1 miles round trip on use trail
- Gain: 300'
- Time: 1 hours round trip
Original: Brent Washburne, April 1989
- Revised: Wayne Bannister, September 2008
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From Running Springs, go 0.9 mile east on SR 18 to
Running Springs School Road and turn right (south).
- Follow paved road south 0.5 miles to street address 3330.
- Turn left onto a dirt road. High-clearance vehicles can continue
0.6 mile. Low-clearance vehicles should park here (6100'), adding 400' gain and
1.2 miles to the hike.
- Stay to the right at the immediate Y fork and continue on the main
dirt road 0.6 miles, ignoring any intervening spur roads, until you
reach a saddle with a fenceline crossing the saddle on the east side.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6500'), note a gap in the fence with a prominent
use trail going between the fence posts. Follow the trail through the fence.
- The trail stays to the right (south) of the ridge, reaching the summit
of the peak in less than ½ mile. The summit is the bump with a flat rock platform on top.