USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 6 miles north-northeast of Big Bear City, 112 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Big Bear City 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 645K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required
High Clearance 4WD vehicle required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Dick Akawie, September 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Drive east on I-10 to I-15.
- Drive north on I-15 to Bear Valley Road interchange in Hesperia.
- Drive east on Bear Valley Road to SR 18 in Apple Valley.
- Drive east on SR 18 to junction of SR 247 in Lucerne Valley (note
- Drive southeast on SR 18 9.0 miles to Silver Road (3N36).
- Turn left. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.2 mile, fork. Go right.
- At 0.4 and 1.4 miles, forks. Go left.
- At 1.6 miles, junction. Turn right.
- At 1.8 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 2.9 miles, fork. Go left.
- At 3.1 and 3.3 miles, forks. Go right.
- At 3.7 miles, fork. Go left here and at another fork 50' farther.
- At 3.8 miles, fork. Go left.
- At 4.2 miles, summit.
3N36 (Silver Road) has become increasing eroded over the
years. High clearance 4WD vehicle required.