USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 2 miles west-northwest of Fawnskin, 98 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Fawnskin 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 860K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1/2 mile round trip cross-country
- Gain: 500'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Dick Akawie
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Drive east on I-10 to I-215.
- Drive north on I-215 to SR 210.
- Drive east on SR 210 to SR 330.
- Drive north on SR 330 to SR 18 at the town of Running Springs.
- Drive east on SR 18 to the dam at Big Bear Lake. Turn left on SR
- Drive on SR 38 to Fawnskin. Turn left (northwest) on 3N14.
Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.3 miles, fork with 2N13 to the left and 3N14 to the right. Go
- At 1.8 miles, fork with Holcomb Valley Road, 3N12, to the right. Keep
- At 2.4 miles, Hanna Flat Campground. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area, hike northeast up the steep slope opposite the
campground entrance to the summit.