USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 4 miles west-southwest of Fawnskin, 105 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Butler Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 2.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 9 miles on dirt road
- Gain: 1500'
- Time: 3½ hours round trip
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive east on I-10 to SR 210.
- Drive north on SR 210 (signed "West") to SR 330.
- Drive north on SR 330 to SR 18 at the town of Running Springs.
- Drive east on SR 18 to the dam at Big Bear Lake. Turn left on SR 38.
- Drive on SR 38 to Fawnskin. Turn left (northwest) on 3N14.
- Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.3 miles, fork with 2N13 to the left and 3N14 to the right with a locked gate.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- Pass through the gate and continue on 2N13.
At 1.2 miles continue past the intersection with 2N70.
This is the trailhead for
- At 2.6 miles, turn left at the fork onto
- Continue a parking lot and climb to the fire lookout.