USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 10 miles southeast of Hesperia, 97 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Lake Arrowhead 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Luna Mountain, Rattlesnake Mountain
- Distance: 1 mile round trip cross-country
- Gain: 700'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Dick Akawie and Al Campbell, September 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive east on I-10 and north on I-15 to the Hesperia turnoff.
- Go east on Main Street in Hesperia for 7.2 miles to the "Y" junction of
Rock Springs Road (on the left) and Arrowhead Lake Road (the main
road continuing on the right).
- Turn left (east) on Rock Springs Road. Note your odometer and go as
- At 2.9 miles, a four-way stop at Kiowa Way. Continue straight
as Rock Springs Road becomes Roundup Way.
- At 5.9 miles, pavement ends. Continue east.
- At 7.3 miles, intersection with the Bowen Ranch Road. Turn right
- At 8.2 miles, fork. Keep left.
- At 9.4 miles, junction with Coxey Truck Trail (3N14), keep right.
the turnoff for Rattlesnake Mountain. Note
your odometer again and go as follows:
- At 1.5 miles, cattle guard. Continue.
- At 2.0 miles, a fork on the left just before a deep dip in the main
road with a sign "Oak Spring" (also designated JF 3275). Turn left.
- At 2.8 miles, road on left. Continue straight.
- At 2.9 miles, fork. Turn right.
- At 3.1 miles, a turn-around. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (4600'), head south up the slope to the summit.