USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 11 miles north-northwest of San Bernardino, 88 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Silverwood Lake 7½, Cajon 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.8 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Monument Peak #2
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 8.5 miles round trip on dirt road
- Gain: 2350'
- Time: 4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Ted Lubeshkoff, November 2010
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Drive to the junction of I-15 and SR 138.
The McDonalds just south of here is a convenient meeting point.
- Drive east on SR 138 11.5 miles to Cottonwood Ranger Station. Turn right
into the lot.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (3500'), hike up gated road 2N45 on the east
side of the lot.
- Hike 0.25 miles to a junction with a new Edison Road ( yr 2020)
that goes to the left and much more prominent than 2N45. Keep to
the right on 2N45, now (2020) overgrown from the sides with
brush and trees.
- Hike 0.5 miles to a creek and cross it.
- From the other side of the creek, hike 0.2 miles to a road junction. Turn right.
- Hike 100 yards to the next road junction and turn left to continue on road 2N45.
- Hike 2.7 miles, staying right at each fork to road 2N49 (5400'). Turn left.
- Hike 0.5 miles to where the ridge meets the road on the right.
- Hike up the jeep road on the right 0.1. miles. Summit will be on the left.