USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 14 miles north-northwest of San Bernardino, 74 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Cajon 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 810K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Monument Peak #2
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 2 miles round trip on brushy firebreak and road
- Gain: 800'
- Time: 1 1/2-2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: George Wysup, 2003
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Drive east on I-10 to I-15, then north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn right
- Go 8.0 miles to the junction with SR 173 on the left near Lake
Silverwood. Keep straight on SR 138.
- Drive another 2.6 miles and exit on Cleghorn Road (2N49). This is also
the main entrance to Lake Silverwood. At the bottom of the off-ramp,
turn right on 2N49. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.8 mile, pavement ends.
- At 2.4 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 4.0 miles, Cleghorn Pass and a hairpin turn at two water tanks. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (4250'), hike east about 100 yards through brush
to pick up a firebreak (created to battle the Blue Cut fire in June, 2002).
Firebreak may become less apparent over time.
- Ascend the firebreak north about 0.4 mile at 5200' to FS Road 2N47 (not
signed at this location).
- Turn left and follow the dirt road about 0.7 mile, around the north
side of Cleghorn Mountain to a junction with a very eroded old jeep road.
- Hike east up this jeep road about 200 meters, then turn left (north)
and follow a path through the brush to the summit.
- The register is about 100' north of the jeep road.