** Use at Your Own Risk **
Location: San Bernardino County, about 14 miles north-northwest of San Bernardino, 74 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, San Bernardino Mountain Area|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Cajon 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 810K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Monument Peak #2
Printable version of this route
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 0.5 mile round trip on road
- Gain: 200'
- Time: 0.5 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Howland Bailey and Paul A. Lipsohn, 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Drive east on I-10 to I-15, then north on I-15 about 20.5 miles to
Cleghorn Road (2N47, dirt). Exit I-15 and turn right
(east). Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 0.8 mile, fork. Go right.
- At 2.3 miles, stay to the right at a junction.
- At 3.8 miles, go straight on 2N47 at a four way junction.
- At 8.0 miles, a jeep road descends from the summit. Park here.
- Drive east on I-10 to I-15, then north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn right
- Go 8.0 miles to the junction with SR 173 on the left near Lake
Silverwood. Keep straight on SR 138.
- Go 1.1 miles farther to 2N47. Turn right. Note your
odometer and go as follows:
- At 2.2 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 6.8 miles, a parking area where a jeep road descends from the
summit. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5200'), hike west up the jeep road to the
- The register is about 100' north of the jeep road.
The east approach may be more convenient when combining Cleghorn with
Cajon Mountain, Sugarpine
Mountain and Monument Peak #2. The west
approach involves less driving.
The dirt roads are seasonal and are inconsistently maintained..
Please report any corrections or changes to the
Mountain Records Chair.