USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: On the Riverside-Orange County line, about 12 miles south of Corona, 61 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity, Orange County|
|Forest Service||Cleveland National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Santiago Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4.8 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Modjeska Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: None
- Gain: None
- Time: None
- Rating: Drive-up
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, March 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From the intersection of SR 55 (Costa Mesa Freeway) and Katella Avenue
in the City of Orange, go east on Katella and then southeast on Santiago
Canyon Road (S18) to Silverado Canyon Road. Turn left.
- Drive east 5.7 miles to the end of pavement at a Forest Service gate.
If the gate is open, pass through the gate, note your odometer, and go
- At 6.5 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 7.4 miles, fork. Go left.
- At 7.5 miles, fork. Go right.
- At 9.1 miles, fork on the left. This is the turnoff for
Modjeska Peak. Keep straight.
- At 12.0 miles, locked gate outside a radio installation. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- Hike past the gate for 0.1 mile to the summit, which is on the left of
the site of a torn-down lookout tower.