USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 9 miles north of Fontana, 70 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Devore 7½, Cucamonga Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Buck Point
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 2 1/2 miles round trip on road
- Gain: 500' total, 100' out plus 400' on return
- Time: 1 1/2-2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east and I-15 north to Sierra Avenue. Turn left at the
bottom of the off-ramp.
- Go 1.6 miles to a dirt road on the left. Turn left. Note your
odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.0 mile, junction at a power line. Go straight.
- At 5.6 miles, fork with 1N36 (closed) on the left. Keep straight.
- At 7.8 miles, fork. Turn right.
- At 7.9 miles, a difficult to see fork in a saddle.
The right fork is closed by an earthen berm. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5560'), hike over the earthen berm and down the old road
bed as it goes down through a saddle and then up to the old lookout site
at the end of the road. The register is a rock pile on the left (west) as
you approach the old foundation.