USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 7 miles north of Fontana, 70 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Cucamonga Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: San Sevaine Lookout
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1.5 miles round trip on road and use trail
- Gain: 400'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1974
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east and I-15 north to Sierra Avenue. Exit I-15 and turn
left at the bottom of the off-ramp onto Sierra Avenue.
- Go 1.6 miles to a dirt road (1N34) on the left. Turn
left. Note your odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.0 mile, junction at a power line. Go straight.
- At 5.6 miles, fork with 1N36 (closed) on the left. Keep
- At 7.7 miles, fork. Keep straight. (This is the turnoff for
San Sevaine Lookout.)
- At 9.8 miles, barbed wire barricade on left blocking
overgrown road. Park here.
Note: High clearance 4WD vehicles may be required past 8.2 miles.
The road is too rough and steep for 2WD vehicles past this point.
There is also a problem with brush damaging vehicles' finish. It may be
easier to leave vehicles at the San Sevaine Lookout
trailhead (5550') and hike the road toward the Buck Point. This will
miles round trip and 500' of gain.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6050'), go around the barbed wire barricade on
the left and hike up an overgrown road to a saddle.
- Turn right at the
saddle, leave the road, and hike along a use trail through high brush to
the flat summit area.
- The register is in a small rock cairn off to the
As of 11/16, route is severely overgrown and virtually impassable.