USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 8 miles north of Upland, 45 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Cucamonga Peak 7½, Mt Baldy 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 3.0 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Etiwanda Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 13 miles round trip
- Gain: 3200'
- Time: 7-8 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, March 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Take I-10 east and I-15 north to Sierra Avenue. Turn left at the
bottom of the off-ramp.
- Go 1.6 miles to a dirt road on the left. Turn left. Note your
odometer and go as follows:
- At 1.0 mile, junction at a power line. Go straight.
- At 5.6 miles, fork with 1N36 (closed) on the left. Keep straight.
- At 7.7 miles, fork. Keep straight. (This is the turnoff for
- At 9.5 miles, fork. Keep right. (This is the parking spot for
- At 11.6 miles, fork. Turn right into the Joe Elliot Tree Memorial.
The road may become too rough for 2WD vehicles past the
8.2 mile point.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (about 6000'), hike up the road which becomes a
- At the Wilderness boundary, the trail forks. Take the right fork.
- Continue to about 8300' where the trail reaches a saddle south of elevation
8386'. This is the turnoff for Etiwanda Peak.
- Continue on the trail another 1 3/4 miles to a trail fork with a
Peak". Take the left fork up to the summit.
The road from Sierra Avenue is closed except in the fall season.
Contact the USFS (see below) for details.
Cucamonga Peak is in the Cucamonga Wilderness. A permit is required.
If you are starting from the Joe Elliot Tree Memorial, call ahead or
Lytle Creek Ranger Station
San Bernardino National Forest
Star Route 100
Fontana, CA 92336