USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 13 miles north of Upland, 48 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Mount San Antonio 7½, Telegraph Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount San Antonio
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 5 miles round trip on road, trail, and cross-country
- Gain: 3400'
- Time: 5-6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Dave Comerzan, October 2013
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Take the 210 freeway east to Baseline Road exit in the City of Claremont.
Turn left (west) at the bottom of the off-ramp onto Baseline Road.
- Almost immediately, take the first right (north) onto Padua Ave.
- Go 1.8 miles north on Padua to the intersection with Mount Baldy Rd.
Turn right (northeast).
- Take this road northeast and then north about seven miles to Mt. Baldy Village.
- Continue about four miles to
the intersection with San Antonio Falls Road on the left
(gated). Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6160'), pass the gate and hike up the road about ½
mile to where a trail goes up the left bank.
- Hike up the trail about 0.1 mile just past the register box.
- Start up a use trail that goes up the ridge to the point where it croses the Devil's Backbone trail.
- From this point, head northwest about ¼ mile to the peak.