USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 3 1/2 miles southeast of Wrightwood, 79 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||San Bernardino National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Telegraph Peak 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 740K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1 mile round trip cross-country
- Gain: 500'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Cliff Black, 1972
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take I-10 east and then I-15 north to the SR 138 off-ramp. Turn left
- Go 1.2 miles to the intersection with Lone Pine Canyon Road on the
left. Turn left.
- Go 5.4 miles to a dirt road (3N31) on the left just past
the gated Clyde Ranch entrance. Turn left.
- Go 3 miles up 3N31 to a junction at the ridgeline. Turn right.
- Go 0.6 mile further to a parking area at the end of the road. This
location serves as a trailhead for the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). Park
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6460'), go west up the slope to the flat area on
the top of the ridge. The register should be at the northwest end of this