USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 12 miles north of Cucamonga, 48 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Telegraph Peak 7½, Mount San Antonio 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.3 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Telegraph Peak, Timber Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 11 miles round trip on road and trail
- Gain: 2400 '
- Time: 4-5 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, July 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- Take the 210 freeway east to Baseline Road exit in the City of Claremont.
Turn left (west) at the bottom of the off-ramp onto Baseline Road.
- Almost immediately, take the first right (north) onto Padua Ave.
- Go 1.8 miles north on Padua to the intersection with Mount Baldy Rd.
Turn right (northeast).
- Take this road northeast and then north about seven miles to Mt. Baldy Village.
- Continue another four miles to the intersection with San Antonio
Falls Road on the left (gated). Park here.
Note: There is a good parking lot for ridesharing in this area.
To get there, after turning west on Baseline Road, continue past
Padua Avenue a short distance to Mills Avenue. Turn north on Mills,
and continue to Mt. Baldy Road. The parking lot is at the northeast
corner of this intersection.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6160'), pass the gate and hike up the road to
Baldy Notch at the top of the ski lift.
- Turn right (southeast) and follow
a road up to the summit.