USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 13 miles north of Upland, 48 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Mount San Antonio 7½, Telegraph Peak 7½, Mt Baldy 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Dawson Peak,Mount Harwood
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 8 miles round trip on road, trail, and use trail
- Gain: 3900'
- Time: 5-6 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, strenuous
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, January 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Take the 210 freeway east to Baseline Road exit in the City of Claremont.
Turn left (west) at the bottom of the off-ramp onto Baseline Road.
- Almost immediately, take the first right (north) onto Padua Ave.
- Go 1.8 miles north on Padua to the intersection with Mount Baldy Rd.
Turn right (northeast).
- Take this road northeast and then north about seven miles to Mt. Baldy Village.
- Pass through Mt. Baldy Village and in about four miles,
intersect San Antonio Falls Road on the left (gated). Park here.
Note: There is a good parking lot for ridesharing in this area.
To get there, after turning west on Baseline Road, continue past
Padua Avenue a short distance to Mills Avenue. Turn north on Mills,
and continue to Mt. Baldy Road. The parking lot is at the northeast
corner of this intersection.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6160'), pass the gate and hike up the road about
1/2 mile to where a faint trail goes up the left bank.
- Follow this
trail up to the Sierra Club's Baldy Ski Hut at 8100'.
- From here a use
trail crosses the main bowl west to the south ridge of Mount San Antonio.
- It then goes up this ridge to the summit.