USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: San Bernardino County, about 2 miles south of Wrightwood, 84 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Mount San Antonio 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 955K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Pine Mountain #1, Dawson Peak
- Distance: 6 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 2200'
- Time: 2 1/2-3 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Luella Martin, July 1984
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- Go east on I-10 to I-15.
- Go north on I-15 to SR 138. Turn left (west).
- Go west on SR 138 to the junction with SR 2. Turn left.
- Go southwest on SR 2 to Spruce Street in Wrightwood. Turn left
- Go south one block on Spruce Street to Evergreen Road. Turn right
- Go west one block on Evergreen Road to Acorn Drive. Turn left
- Drive to the intersection of Acorn Drive and Finch Road. Park here
off the paved road. Do not drive up the privately owned and marked
section of Acorn Drive.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the parking area (6360'), hike up the privately owned and posted
Acorn Drive to its end at a gate.
- Pass the gate and hike about 100' to
a "T" junction. Turn right at the "T" junction and
hike up the dirt road to the Acorn Trail.
- Follow the trail as it
switchbacks up the east slope of the canyon just behind a water tank.
- After about 2 miles it meets the PCT.
- Turn left
(south) on the PCT and go about 1/4 mile to a jeep road.
- Turn left on
this road and follow it about 1/2 mile to the summit.