USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 10 miles north of Azusa, 42 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 645K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 7 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 1800'
- Time: 3-4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: John Linden, January 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Azusa Avenue (SR 39), drive north
on Azusa Avenue about 18.2 miles to a wide paved parking area on the
left. Park here. This is about 0.2 mile before the Coldbrook Ranger
Station and Campground.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (3280'), a trail starts at the north end of the
- Hike up this trail about 3 miles to a saddle just north
of Smith Mountain (4240').
- There may be a sign here reading "San
- Leave the trail on the left and follow a use
trail south along a firebreak up to the summit.