USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 14 miles north of Azusa, 51 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 4.4 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 2 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 965'
- Time: 1 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Bob Thompson
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station. Keep straight.
- Continue 20.9 miles farther on
Angeles Crest Highway to the exit from Buckhorn
Campground. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (6550'), cross the highway and hike east up the
ridge, passing elevation 7420' on the left, to the summit.