USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 16 miles north of Claremont, 66 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 2.9 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Baden-Powell
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 14 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 4000' total, 1600' out plus 2400' on return
- Time: 8-10 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, very strenuous
- Navigation: Moderate
Original: Bob Thompson
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway, drive north
on Angeles Crest Highway for about 46 miles to a parking area just past Dawson
Saddle. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (7920'), cross to the south side of the road to
where trail begins.
- Hike up this trail to where it meets the PCT
just east of Throop Peak.
- Turn left and
follow it east past Mount Burnham about 2 miles
to a junction just below the summit of Baden-Powell.
- Continue from here as in Route 1.