USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles north-northeast of Glendora, 56 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 2.3 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Islip, South Mount Hawkins (LO), Middle Hawkins, Throop Peak
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 6 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1100'
- Time: 4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, October 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway, drive north
on Angeles Crest Highway for about 46 miles to a parking area just past Dawson
Saddle. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the parking area (7920'), cross to the south side of the road to
where a trail begins. Hike up this trail to a trail junction northeast of
- Turn left and follow the trail to the
saddle northeast of Mount Hawkins. Here there is a trail heading southwest
along the ridge.
- Turn left and follow this trail up to the summit.