USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles north of Glendora, 56 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Hawkins, Middle Hawkins, South Mount Hawkins (LO)
(Entrance Fee for Crystal Lake area)
- Distance: 6 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 2400'
- Time: 3 1/2-4 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From I-210 and San Gabriel Canyon Road (SR 39), go north on SR 39 to
Crystal Lake Campground.
- Park in the day-use parking area in the
campground near the trailhead to the Windy Gap Trail.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the parking area (5800'+), hike up the Windy Gap Trail to Windy
- At Windy Gap take the upper trail to the west (the lower trail is the
- At the first trail junction turn to the left following sign reading
- At the second trail junction (Big Cienega Trail from
the south) turn right and continue to summit.