USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles north of Glendora, 56 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Hawkins, Middle Hawkins, South Mount Hawkins (LO)
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 2 1/2 miles round trip on trail and cross-country
- Gain: 1000'
- Time: 1 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
Original: George Wysup, September 2000
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive 41.6 miles on Angeles Crest Highway to a parking area on the right
at mile marker 66.37. Park here (UTM 240006).
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the parking area (7260'), note the large center gully on the south
side of the highway with a vertical culvert pipe at the bottom. On the
left side of the gully there is an obvious use trail that ascends steeply
up the slope.
- Hike up this use trail, bearing about 210°, 1/4
mile to Windy Gap (7588').
- At Windy Gap take the upper trail to the
west (the lower trail is the PCT).
- At the first trail junction turn to the
left following sign reading "Islip".
- At the second trail junction (Big Cienega Trail from the south) turn
right and continue to summit.