USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 15 miles north of Glendora, 56 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Mount Hawkins, Middle Hawkins, South Mount Hawkins (LO)
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 6 1/2 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1600'
- Time: 3 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, moderate
- Navigation: Easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive 39.5 miles on Angeles Crest Highway to Islip Saddle (mile marker
64.1). Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (6680'), hike across the Angeles Crest Highway to
the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).
- Hike up the PCT, past Little Jimmy
Campground to Windy Gap.
- Turn right at Windy Gap and follow the trail up
to a junction with a trail coming up from Little Jimmy Campground.
left and continue up to a signed junction with the Big Cienaga Trail.
right and continue to the summit.