USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 12 miles southeast of Pearblossom, 63 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Valyermo 7½, Mescal Creek 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 625K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
This is the hiking route for Route 2 if the gate is closed.
- Distance: 6 1/2 miles round trip on road
- Gain: 1200' total, 600' out plus 600' on return
- Time: 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
- Navigation: Easy
- Leader Rating: "O", normal conditions
Original: Tom Hill, June 2001
DRIVING ROUTE 3
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2) drive
north on Angeles Crest Highway 50 miles to Vincent Gap. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 3
- From the parking area at Vincent Gap (6593'), hike north on the dirt
road that heads uphill. One mile up this road, a second road comes in from
- Turn left (north and downhill) for 3/4 mile on this road
which switchbacks southwest in the process of losing 350' of elevation
to another road junction.
- Take the right fork (north) and follow the road
to saddle 6360'+ just south of the summit.
- Head north beyond the saddle
less than 1/2 mile to the top of the ridgeline.
- Continue about 75 yards
past stake "AA10" at the top of a gentle rise.
- The summit cairn
is 40 yards north of the road in the brush.