USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 17 miles north of Glendora, 60 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable PDF file - Approximately 2.3 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1 mile round trip on use trail
- Gain: 500'
- Time: 1/2 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, March 1968
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station. Keep straight.
- Continue 30.5 miles to Dawson Saddle. There is a highway maintenance
building on the left (north) side of the road, and the road starts
downhill at this point. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (7901'), the trail to Lewis starts up a steep bank
adjacent to the west side of the maintenance building.
- Hike up it to the
top of a ridge and then continue north along the ridge to the summit.