USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 16 miles north of Glendora, 53 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.5 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Pallett Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 5 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1600'
- Time: 2 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Dick Worsfold and Al Campbell, May 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- See Route 1.
- Continue 1 1/2 miles to Islip Saddle. Park in the large parking lot
on the left.
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the west end of the parking lot (6680'), hike north-west up the PCT.
- Follow it to the top of the ridge where it meets Route 1 at a fork.
- Turn right (northeast) and follow the use trail to the summit as described in