USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 16 miles north of Glendora, 53 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topos||Crystal Lake 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.5 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Pallett Mountain
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 5 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 1500'
- Time: 2 1/2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Dick Worsfold and Al Campbell, May 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station. Keep straight.
- Continue 24 miles to a large parking area on the left (north). This
is 0.7 mile east of a large shed on the right. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the east end of the parking area (6680'+), follow the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT)
as it switchbacks up the southwest ridge of Williamson.
- After about a mile, at
the top of the ridge, the PCT goes southeast to Islip Saddle. At this
point, turn northeast and follow the use trail to the crest of the ridge.
- Then continue leftward (northwest) and follow the use trail along the ridge about
1/4 mile to bump 8244' where the register can is located.