USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 16 miles north of Azusa, 49 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 730K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Winston Peak, Winston Ridge
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1.2 miles round trip on road and cross-country
- Gain: 400'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, March 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station. Keep straight.
- Continue 19.6 miles to a point 1/4 mile east of the Mt. Waterman
ski lift. Park at a gated dirt road on the north side of the highway.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area, hike northeast on a dirt road about 1/4 mile
to where a ravine on the left goes up to a shallow saddle.
- Hike north up to the saddle.
- Turn right (east) and hike along the ridge to the summit.
It is also possible to stay on the road. It soon turns left and continues
up to the same saddle mentioned above.