USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 16 miles north of Azusa, 48 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Waterman Mountain 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 730K|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
Nearby Peaks: Winston Ridge, Mount Akawie
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1 1/4 miles round trip cross-country
- Gain: 500'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station. Keep straight.
- Continue 19 miles to the signed Cloudburst Summit. Park at a locked
gate on the left (north).
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (7018'), hike northwest up the hill following a
dirt road. It gains the ridge and continues west.
- Leave it here
and follow the ridge north up to the summit.