USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 11 miles north of Monrovia, 40 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 1 mile round trip on road
- Gain: 250'
- Time: 1 hour round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz and Al Campbell, February 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 1
- From the intersection of I-210 and Angeles Crest Highway (SR 2),
drive north on Angeles Crest Highway 9.5 miles to Angeles Forest
Highway. Keep straight.
- Continue about 4.5 miles to the junction with the Mount Wilson Road
at the Red Box Ranger Station.
- Continue on Angeles Crest Highway about 9 miles farther to the signed
Charlton Flats Picnic Area on the left.
- Continue 100 yards farther on Angeles Crest Highway to a paved road on the
right. Turn right (north).
- Keep right at an immediate fork. The road becomes dirt at 0.1 mile.
Follow it 0.6 mile to a wide flat area at a saddle. Park here.
HIKING ROUTE 1
- From the parking area (5600'+), hike west up a jeep road behind a dirt
berm to the summit.