USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Location: Los Angeles County, about 10 miles north of Monrovia, 40 miles from Los Angeles
|Auto Club||Los Angeles and Vicinity|
|Forest Service||Angeles National Forest|
|USGS Topo||Chilao Flat 7½|
|Official HPS Maps
||TPO file - Save to your computer then open with National Geographic TOPO!|
| ||Viewable JPG file - Approximately 1.2 megs|
| ||GPX file or Google Earth KML file to
download to GPS units and other map software (How to use GPX and KML files)|
| ||Routes as shown on
CalTopo using the above files (How to use CalTopo)|
(USFS Adventure Pass may be required)
- Distance: 2 1/2 miles round trip on trail
- Gain: 700'
- Time: 2 hours round trip
- Rating: Class 1, easy
Original: Warren E. von Pertz, February 1969
DRIVING ROUTE 2
- Follow the driving instructions for Route 1 to where you have turned
left (west) on 3N16.
- Drive 0.1 mile to a paved fork. Turn right.
- Drive 0.6 mile farther to a picnic area on the left just before a
gate. A sign on the left reads "Vetter Mountain Trail". Park
HIKING ROUTE 2
- From the picnic area (5240'), cross the stream bed and follow the Silver
Moccasin Trail (SMT) for about 200 yards to a fork where the SMT goes to
- Go straight ahead and go through a picnic area, across a paved
road, then across another paved road at a sign "Vetter Mountain Trail
- Continue on the trail to the summit.